Sexual Medicine is an evolving field that requires the consistent review of diagnostic and treatment strategies. Moreover, sexual medicine clinicians need up-to-date reviews of topics that affect the care of their patients. Specifically, such clinicians need to be aware of
- Recent and emerging concepts in the link between erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease
- Controversies surrounding the medical and surgical management of Peyronie’s disease
- The effects of cancer on sexual health
- Recent updated vasectomy guidelines
- Current challenges and opportunities in sexual medicine education
Clinical correlation of the latest management options with patient scenarios is needed to reinforce learning.
Upon completion of this meeting, participants should accomplish improving physician competence by being able to:
- Identify the link between erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disease.
- Describe the impact of stem cells in the treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Identify treatment options for recurrent priapism.
- Recognize the effect cancer has on the sexual health of men and women.
- Identify strategies used to manage the cancer survivor with sexual problems.
- Explain the controversies in medical and surgical management of Peyronie’s disease.
- Identify strategies used to minimize penile implant infections.
- List current vasectomy guidelines.
- Identify techniques to improve vasectomy outcomes.
- Describe the challenges with identifying and treating patients with post finasteride syndrome.
- Interpret the current state-of-the-art knowledge in epidemiology, physiology and pathophysiology of female sexual function and dysfunction.
- Identify challenges and opportunities in sexual medicine education.