The SMSNA supports the collection of data by vetting and approving survey instruments on a variety of topics related to Sexual Medicine. Surveys are vetted by the Educational Projects Committee, which uses the criteria established by the Journal of Sexual Medicine for evaluating the content and the instrument itself.
2020 Contemporary Practice Patterns Among Surgeons Placing Penile Prosthesis
Description: To gain a better understanding of the various management techniques and overall surgical management among surgeons implanting penile prostheses, a survey was disseminated in 2015 investigating practice patterns for penile prosthesis surgery. This survey is a follow-up to determine how these patterns have potentially changed over time. Aside from the general benefit of getting a broad picture of how surgeons are performing this surgery, this data will help to establish various techniques as recognized management options within the urologic community.
Who should take this survey: Physicians/Surgeons
Collection dates: May 1 – June 5, 2020
Sexual Health Education and Training Survey
Description: This survey evaluates experiences with sexual health curriculum in medical school and how this may contribute to the decision to pursue a career in urology and/or sub-specialization in sexual dysfunction.
Who should take this survey: Residents, Fellows or Early Career Professionals whom completed a Residency/Fellowship in the past 3 years.
Collection dates: April 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020
SMSNA Survey Dissemination:
The option to disseminate a survey is a benefit of SMSNA Membership. If you are a member of SMSNA, below are the guidelines for initiating a request and the process in which a survey is vetted and approved. This process is meant to facilitate fair and objective handling of all requests. Please allow up to 2-weeks for consideration.
If you are a nonprofit or an industry representative and want to disseminate a survey, please contact the SMSNA executive office:
Process: Any proposed survey to be disseminated to the SMSNA membership, including those surveys developed by Committees on behalf of the SMSNA, will require the following:
- Submission of a request
- Review and approval decision by the Educational Projects Committee
- If the committee suggests revisions, these will need to be addressed prior to dissemination
- If survey dissemination time frame exceeds 3-months, full Board approval would be required
- Acknowledgement that the results of a survey may not be recognized as a response on behalf of the Association on any specific topic
- Active surveys will be listed on a dedicated web-page on www.smsna.org along with a link, description, target population to take the survey, and collection dates.
- The availability of a survey will be promoted via emailings and on social media (two times each) for a maximum period of 3-months. Access to the survey is a link to the web-page on www.smsna.org. Surveys are not circulated via a dedicated e-mail.
- If you are a member of SMSNA there is no cost.