The SMSNA supports the collection of data by vetting and approving survey instruments on a variety of topics related to Sexual Medicine. Surveys are vetted by the Educational Projects Committee, which uses the criteria established by the Journal of Sexual Medicine for evaluating the content and the instrument itself.
Clinical Use of Drugs Including Bulk Drug Substances Nominated for Use in Compounding by Outsourcing Facilities
The University of Maryland’s M-CERSI is interested in better understanding how clinicians currently use, and have historically used, certain bulk drug substances nominated for use in compounding by outsourcing facilities under section 503B of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
The goal of this survey is to understand how medical practitioners prescribe and administer compounded drugs. Your feedback will help the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) develop a list of drugs that can be used in bulk compounding by 503B outsourcing facilities. Your anonymous responses will be shared with the FDA as part their project, "Clinical Use of Drugs Including Bulk Drug Substances Nominated for Use in Compounding by Outsourcing Facilities." This survey has been broken up by the individual drugs, which include:
Alprostadil (aka Prostaglandin E1)
For additional surveys on pharmaceutical ingredients organized by other clinical practice areas: Click Here
Submission dates: August 1, 2020 - October 1, 2020
SMSNA Survey Dissemination:
The option to disseminate a survey is a benefit of SMSNA Membership. If you are a member of SMSNA, below are the guidelines for initiating a request and the process in which a survey is vetted and approved. This process is meant to facilitate fair and objective handling of all requests. Please allow up to 2-weeks for consideration.
If you are a nonprofit or an industry representative and want to disseminate a survey, please contact the SMSNA executive office:
Process: Any proposed survey to be disseminated to the SMSNA membership, including those surveys developed by Committees on behalf of the SMSNA, will require the following:
- Submission of a request
- Review and approval decision by the Educational Projects Committee
- If the committee suggests revisions, these will need to be addressed prior to dissemination
- If survey dissemination time frame exceeds 3-months, full Board approval would be required
- Acknowledgement that the results of a survey may not be recognized as a response on behalf of the Association on any specific topic
- Active surveys will be listed on a dedicated web-page on www.smsna.org along with a link, description, target population to take the survey, and collection dates.
- The availability of a survey will be promoted via emailings and on social media (two times each) for a maximum period of 3-months. Access to the survey is a link to the web-page on www.smsna.org. Surveys are not circulated via a dedicated e-mail.
- If you are a member of SMSNA there is no cost.