The application period for the 2024 SMSNA Pfizer Research Fellowship in Men’s Health is now open.
The award term is July 1, 2024 through June 30, 2025.
The maximum award amount is $25,000.
The purpose of the fellowship program is to support clinical and/or basic research in men’s sexual health and foster development of expertise in the field of men’s health. The funding is intended to supplement post-doctoral research activities and conference participation to present those activities.
- Applications will be accepted only from SMSNA members in good standing.
- Applications will be accepted from post-docs in training.
- Proof of institutional support for salaries and benefits should be provided at the time of application (letter from Department Chair, Dean or Designated Institutional Officer).
- For MD’s, a medical license valid in the United States or Canada and proof of satisfactory completion of residency training are required.
- For all human research, IRB number and approval must be documented. Pre-clinical animal research should be reviewed and approved by the ACAR at funding institution.
Masaya Jimbo, MD, PhD
University of Utah
The role of TGF-beta1 signaling in Klinefelter's syndrome-related testicular fibrosis and testosterone deficiency